I just happened to come across this on my friend's Facebook page...This is nuts!
The difference between Coke and water is astonishing!
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
I usually don't go out of my way like this to help an animal because I literally get an email a day from rescue groups or just a person asking for me to help them find a lost dog or cat etc.
There's no way I could accommodate them all :( ...I wish I could.
BUT, this email just hit me hard and made me want to help, or rather, made me want to ask YOU to help mostly because you're always so resourceful with everything else!
Here's the email I got...verbatim:
I know you have a big heart for animals, maybe you can help me. I have a hurt mama duck in my backyard, she has a hook through her foot and wing. There are ten baby ducks with her, so I'm trying to find someone to help me get the hook out. I've been calling bird rescues, but have been unsuccessful. The duck is located in Sanford, FL. Maybe you can ask on air who I can call?? Any help would be great, it's so sad. :(
So, do you know anyone? Can you help? If so, email HelpMamaDuck@gmail.com and you can contact Allison.
I asked her where exactly the pond is...she said: SR 46/Orange Ave on the Lake Mary/Sanford border.
***PS. The pic above is NOT the actual duck, just a random one.
Hope you guys can help!!! xoxo
I found this quite interesting.
Technically, people are not being told sex with an animal is LEGAL in these states, but rather there are no DIRECT laws banning it like there are when it comes to same-sex marriages.
I know you can get nabbed for animal cruelty and things like that if you're caught, but to think no lawmaker in these states has pushed for a BESTIALITY BAN like they have with same-sex marriages is absolutely profound.
Worse, is that FL is one of them!!!
Check this out:
I need to print this list out, enlarge it, laminate it and put it up on my refrigerator! No matter how hard we try to be good, happy, grateful people, life gets to us all and we forget!
I read this blog recently about the 22 things HAPPY people do differently than grumps, whiners and negative people!
I want to be HAPPY ALL THE TIME...some of the stuff on the list is common sense, but even so, we need to be reminded!
CLICK HERE for the full blog with awesome explanations of each or below is the straight list.
22 THINGS HAPPY PEOPLE DO:
1. Don’t hold grudges
2. Treat everyone with kindness.
3. See problems as challenges.
4. Express gratitude for what they already have.
5. Dream big.
6. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
7. Speak well of others.
8. Never make excuses.
9. Get absorbed into the present.
10. Wake up at the same time every morning.
11. Avoid social comparison.
12. Choose friends wisely.
13. Never seek approval from others.
14. Take the time to listen.
15. Nurture social relationships.
17. Eat well.
19. Live minimally.
20. Tell the truth.
21. Establish personal control.
22. Accept what cannot be changed.
I'm not from a military family. I don't know anyone who's been shipped off to war. And if I'm being honest with myself, whenever I see anything about the war or IED explosions, or suicide bombers, I immediately change the channel.
I have thus far felt so detached from it all. It's just always been something happening around me.
After watching this video, I feel like I connected. It's amazing what these families are enduring while their loved ones are away and it's best depicted in their reactions when they come home.
I'm warning you now...you will cry...(I balled my eyes out)...but, you'll run home and hug your kids, spouses, siblings or whomever means most to you. It puts it ALL into perspective. Have an amazing weekend! xoxo